The Main events will take place on April 9, 10 and 11, 2010 which is the weekend immediately after Easter and immediately after the Nordic Open. Winners of each Division become the 2010 European Champion of that category – previous European Champions can be seen in the GammonLife Backgammon Champions section.
Dr. Christos Groutsos of Greece (center)
2009 European Backgammon Champion
(Photo Copyright © 2009 WBF-Turkey)
Please note these important parts of our schedule:
* This is our traditional tournament scheduled at the beginning of Spring;
* No clocks will be used during the tournament, except in case of a serious delay in tournament matches;
* The draw is manual (not computerized) and is random and held public;
* 100% of the entry fees will be returned to the players;
* The tournament will be played on professional Rizzello & Romagnoli Tournament Boards;
* Last year's money-prize payout for this event was €45,150 (including Super-Jackpot);
* We'll start on Wednesday, April 7, with the first part of the Warm-Up (free-of charge for registered players only), the first part of the Sperti Trophy (free-of-charge for WBF supporters only), Quarter Entries, One Point Matches, Jackpots and the first Welcome Cocktail;
* On Thursday, April 8, the second part of the Warm-Up will be played along with the second part of the Sperti Trophy and the 7th European Doubles Consulting Championship will begin at 9 p.m.;
* On Friday, April 9, we will have the second Welcome Cocktail and the three flights/levels of the Main Tournament will start;
* On Saturday, April 10, the Main and Progressive Consolation Tournaments are scheduled, as well as the Ladies Tournament and the Super-Jackpot event;
* On Sunday April 11, the Finals and Last Chance Tournaments will be played out, followed in the early evening by the Casinos Austria Dinner Party and Awards Ceremony.
Photos from last year’s XXI European Backgammon Championships by Arda Findikoglu (WBF Turkey President) can be viewed at the following link: www.wbfturkey.com.
Your support in promoting this event will be greatly appreciated.
Hope to see you in Velden!
P.S. We are preparing a nice gift for you. If you intend to come to the Championship, please confirm your presence and your shirt size (XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL or XXXL) by sending an email to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Marco Fornasir:
Phone: + 39 0331 923537
Mobile: +39 337 303804
Fax: + 39 0331 920621